Current Progress

Monday, December 22, 2008

Thank you!!

I can't express how grateful I am for all the support I've been getting from friends and family for my new lifestyle. It does wonders for my motivation to keep this up.

So I'm back in Toronto. I have a free two week pass to GoodLife gym by my house to consider if I should sign up for a membership. I also headed to the grocery store as my first order of business. I cooked dinner for my family - for the first time I can remember. They're all very supportive of my new endeavors.

I even did 11,000 steps touring around downtown Toronto today! That's a record so far.

Talked to Chewy today and from first glance, it looks like I'm following a Paleolithic diet. However, Yogurt and Cereal seems to deviate from that :) I've never heard of this before but it pretty much is what I've developed for myself.

In other news, I'm really enjoying my book, In Defense of Food. The author's recommendation can be summarized on the cover page: Eat Food. Not Too Much. Mostly Plants..

I'm strongly leaning towards being a Vegetarian. I never thought the day would come. But stranger things have been known to happen. If anybody suggested this a month or a year ago I'd say when hell freezes over. Maybe hell isn't actually all that hot afterall.

2 comments:

  1. Dude - I've been thinking of being veg too. Or just drastically reduce the amount of meat that I eat. Hell is so unpredictable this time of year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Jerbear, when you lose the bet and come visit me I'll be nice and cook mostly plants! :)

    ReplyDelete