Current Progress

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Baked Salmon with Baby Bok Choy


It's recommended to eat fish about 3 times a week so I ended up making this dish last Sunday. I bought a salmon steak from Ranch 99 added some pepper, salt, a tiny bit of grapeseed oil and lemon. I scattered slices of lemon on both sides of the salmon and wrapped it up with alumnium foil. I put in on a baking sheet with the oven preheated to 425 degrees. I let it bake for about 30 min. (20 min was a little too soon when I checked.)

While waiting - I got out the wok, added some minced garlic, onion and grapeseed oil together. Added some baby bok choy and oyster sauce. My mistake was I left it in for too long this time so the bok choy was too soggy.

The salmon could have probably used a longer marinade time to get more flavour. I garnished with ginger and wasabi that I had from the previous sushi night. The wasabi made a perfect balance with the texture of the salmon. I would definitely do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment