Current Progress

Friday, December 19, 2008

How to survive the holidays

Tomorrow, I'm heading back home to spend some time with family and friends for the next 2 weeks. I'm mostly looking forward to it but also have been dreading how I will be able to keep with my new lifestyle.

I can imagine how hard it'll be to say no to the yummy Vietnamese food that I grew up on - Pho, Bun Bo Hue, Cha Gio, Banh bot loc, Banh nam, Bun Rieu, Mi xao dong.
read: carbs, fat, deep fried, more carbs.

I can't imagine hanging out with my friends at bubble tea, chinese desserts, dim sum, food, lounges and clubs - and order water.

So I've come up with a game plan!!

Right after landing, I'm going to go to a grocery store. I'm going to get me the same food I've been following here. Yogurt, soy milk, plenty of fruits and vegetables and nuts. I'm going to volunteer to cook for the family.

As for friends, sushi is a great option to go out and meet up and catch up. I can show up for house parties after eating and get plenty of water :) I also can put up a blog and a link from facebook a couple days in advanced to give people notice about how I'm not going to be excessively drinking or eating this time (or ever). (Oh wait, I did that! :)

I'd like to finish 4 books by the time the holidays are over.


I'll likely do a review of these when I'm done.

Happy Holidays everyone!
Let's hope that 2009 is the turning point for all of our good healths!

No comments:

Post a Comment