Current Progress

Friday, December 19, 2008

Hainese Chicken and Chicken Brown Rice

Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera over to Linda's yesterday to take a picture of this great dish that Julian made. He steamed chicken breasts with garlic, ginger, green onion. Then he collected the steamed water/chicken juice - 3 breasts made about 1 cup of this. Instead of using water to make rice, he used some of this chicken broth to make the brown rice for me.

If those two weren't delicious enough, he also made his special hainese sauce. This includes Vietnamese hot sauce, garlic, ginger, sugar, and the chicken juice mentioned above. I'm pretty sure there's more to this special sauce, when I make this dish again I'll be more specific than this posting :)

There was gai lan veggies on the side and miso soup. What a great dinner. They even packed me lunch for the next day - which I meant to take a picture of but the food got into my stomach way before I remembered to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment