Current Progress

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Spicy Parmesan Green Beans and Kale


I got more Kale from the farm! I was thinking of making Spinach/Kale Saag but decided to look on the web for something new. Found this from food network and since I had exactly all the ingredients (cremini mushrooms, green beans, kale, spinach, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes).

First throw in some garlic in the olive oil and add onions. When it's translucent, add the mushrooms and green beans. Added the red pepper flakes, ground black pepper and sea salt. The recipe called for wine but I just put in some water. Mixed it up and covered it until most of the water had evaporated. Then I added some Kale and Saag until it was all wilted. I topped the hot salad with some freshly grated parmesan cheese.

Oh and I found some tofu in the fridge as well so decided to heat up the tofu and put in some spicy garlic sauce. Good for lunch tomorrow too.

No comments:

Post a Comment