Current Progress

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Butternut Squash Soup with Saffron


So I got my first butternut squash in the farm delivery last friday after setting foot back in SFO. Panda volunteered me to cook dinner so I did! I followed this recipe from bobby flay

I must say that Chris' soup was waay better and more flavourful and better blended than mine. But boy was I in love with the Toasted Almond Baguette croutons that the recipe called for.

So I got a sourdough baguette and sliced it up. I put some olive oil and paprika on them and sprinkle blanched sliced almonds on top. Bake it in the oven for 5 min at 350F and it was DELICIOUS.

One unsuspecting butternut squash lasted through dinner on Saturday night (4 ppl). Sunday lunch. Monday morning. Wednesday dinner (5 ppl).

No comments:

Post a Comment