Current Progress

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Kale Chips


So I was looking up recipes on what to do with Kale this time. I found this great suggestion so I jumped on it!

I followed her recipe but it turned out a lil bit burnt and too oily for my liking but it overall it tasted REALLY good!!! I think this will be my backup plan with veggies that I don't know.

I've modified the recipe so that I know next time: Preheat oven to 350 (400 was too hot too fast). Wash kale thoroughly in Water and Salt. De-stem the kale and rip into small 3 inch pieces. Combine about 1 tbl spoon of olive oil and 1/2 tbl spoon of balsamic vinegar. Soak the kale into the mixture maybe pat it down to ensure that it's not "too" soaked. Baking for 10 min was way too long in my case, I'd suggest maybe watching it until it's hardened but not black.

No comments:

Post a Comment