Current Progress

Monday, January 12, 2009

Sin City

I've gone 24 hours without sleep - bright ideas of booking flight out of Vegas at 6am and staying up all night don't seem so bright after the fact.

Yeah that's not so good for my health. Vegas was a semi-success to maintain my weight and body fat. I went to two steak houses and tried my hardest not to notice the dry aged steaks and opted for Salmon and Ahi Tuna Salad on those occasions. I ate a lot of simple carbs though in lunch sandwiches, pitas, wraps and even some potatoes and a bag of chips!! :( To counterbalance, we walked at least 15,000-20,000+ steps a day. Plus, I took a look at what I would've potentially done in Vegas in a previous life: buffets of meats, desserts, alcohol and I most likely consumed 1/4 of that - so that's positive. So YES I did say no to alcohol and smoking but perhaps didn't cut my vice of gambling.

The strange thing in Vegas is that hotels cost so much, they give you really awesome amenities but yet the GYM is extra. At the MGM it cost $10/day during the weekday and $35 to hit the gym on a weekend. So Buffets are cheap, alcohol is free when gambling, but the gym is not? Why don't they just install slot machines and blackjack into screens in the gym and make their money back that way? (Funny how I've been to Vegas 20+ times and only noticed and ranted about this now)

Anyway, it's nice to be back and not flying anywhere...until next weekend!

Btw, Anybody wanna bike with me in Napa for the Tour De Cure 2009?

No comments:

Post a Comment