Current Progress

Sunday, January 25, 2009

The best sashimi in california

Toro, Abalone, Lobster, Toro, ??


Ahh I absolutely love my visits to San Diego! This time I wanted to write this down before I forget. Scott took us to the best sushi place I've ever had outside of Japan. It's this tiny restaurant right by a 7-Eleven called Sushi Ota. Of course we ordered the premium stuff...the lobster, uni, toro and baby abalone were simply the freshest I've ever had. I wish something like this was available in the bay area. Although, I guess I would be tempted to go there all the time.
Salmon, Toro, and a whole tuna

Roppongi for half price happy hour was oh so good too. I'm going to try to make their Polynesian Crab Stack next week!!

No - eating is not the only thing I did this weekend. We squeezed in a bit of hiking...err well walking at Torrey Pines State Reserve and the Wild Animal Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment