Current Progress

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Smoked Salmon and Pesto Penne


Since I have new vegetables eventhough I have yet to finish last week's, Chris gave me such a great idea!! Make Pesto!! I've never known what was in pesto and how that magical sauce was made but it's such a great idea when you have a bunch of random greens and don't know what to do.

I combined all my arugula, basil, mustard greens and rosemary into a food processor. Put in some garlic and mixture of nuts. Some parmesan cheese and half a cup of grapeseed oil. Oh and some zest of a lime. Press a button on the food processor and a few seconds later, a tasty sauce appears!

I heated up some trader joes whole wheat penne and topped it off with smoked salmon.

What a great Saturday of boot camp, chinese class and biking in the sun and top it off - good healthy delicious food.

I'm definitely making lemonade (...or pesto) with the lemon that life gave me.

2 comments: