Current Progress

Friday, October 16, 2009

Bok Choy, Enoki and Fish Tofu


I challenged myself this week to cook single portion dinners so that I have no left overs. As well, I wanted to split these ingredients into two different dishes! I miss home cooked Vietnamese (or any asian) food where my mom would make several dishes and there was always some type of soup. So that's what I did - all in the span of 30 min.

Soup
1. Boil water and miso paste.
2. Throw in bok choy, enoki, fish tofu, chives and cilantro, salt, pepper
3. Done when bok choy shrinks


Stir Fry
1. Heat up pan with a little bit of olive oil
2. Put in bok choy until brown (5 min)
3. Mix up oyster sauce, rice vinegar, peanut oil and mix it in with the bok choy
4. Add the fish tofu and enoki mushrooms for another 2 min
5. Done!

I'm not sure that the oyster sauce is any good for you but yeah what a deliciously quick meal with a bit of variety with the same ingredients :) I ate this with my favourite 9 grain rice. Is it just me or do other people do different dishes with the same ingredients on the same night?

No comments:

Post a Comment