Current Progress

Friday, October 16, 2009

Beet Salad with Goat Cheese and Spinach


After the last failure of drinking raw beet juice, I made sure that wasn't happening again! I bought 2 beets, wrapped them up in aluminum foil and put them in the oven at 375 degrees for 60 min. I left them in the oven for a while after that too because I forgot about them :) But it wasn't a bad move, since when I opened up the foil, steam didnt rush to my face.

I cut away the skin, making sure to wear gloves since I didn't want the blood-like stain anywhere on me. Drizzle with olive oil and salt.

I cut them up into slices and added spinach, garlic sprouts and goat cheese. If I didn't finish all my walnuts last week, I would've added that too. It was a pretty delicious and surprisingly filling lunch.

With the left over beets, I put them into my trusty Magic Bullet with some frozen strawberries for a refreshing breakfast. MUCH better than the raw smoothie I made a few months back.

No comments:

Post a Comment