Current Progress

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Where to begin...

Shoot, you'd think I'd have more time now but unfortunately blogging has taken a backseat in my jam packed summer of fun. There's so much content and pictures I've been gathering up to write about, I just don't know where to start!

Well ok this post will be of the present then the next 10 posts will be of the food, activities and fun since I moved countries.

Some new updates:
- you can now go to www.thufat.com and ditch the blogspot part to find my brain dump.

- I'm pretty happy about my new Magic Bullet High-Speed Blender Mixing System purchase. Ever since using it at Yap's, I've been meaning to destroy my blender and buy it. Since I donated my blender to Salvation Army, there was room for a new smoothie super machine. For the last 2 days, I've used it 3 times already. What I like most about it is the portioning. The cup can fit 1 frozen banana, 3 strawberries, some spinach and a cup of soymilk. I add 1/4 cup of Granola and it's the most delicious breakfast in the perfect size.

I also made a pea soup last night which required some blending. I dumped the soup into the extra large cup of the Magic Bullet and 5 seconds later, the peas, potato and onions combine in a lively green colour. It is pretty magical.

- I'm trying to force myself to have a regular schedule of working out and eating and I think it's finally starting to shape up. The thing that bugs me the most is that I still don't have a bike and have yet to find a pool. Last weekend, I was in Okanagan Lake swimming laps. It made me itch to swim in a proper pool again and also try to figure out where the heck my waterproof watch/lap timer went. The 35+ degree weather and no chlorine smell was really nice though. It was replaced with rocks and seaweed and little fish. Probably my first time doing laps in open lake water.

- Wednesdays directly across the street from my apartment is a Farmers Market!! Ah thats today...and I'm excited. I wanna buy corn on the cob for a BBQ and fireworks tonight. I also want to see what to buy to put into my Magic Bullet smoothie for the rest of the week and what we can cook to go camping this weekend.

This post is completely random as my brain is trying to organize what has happened in the past 2 months. I promise to share recipes of what I've been cooking and of the road trip up the west coast and of the camping and hiking that I've done. Don't give up on me and come back and check...starting today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment