Current Progress

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Miso Steamed Fish



I was flipping through a cookbook and read about a miso salmon - however the recipe called for putting it in oil and a pan and I really felt like steaming a fish. I got a whole fish from T&T on sale for $7 and decided to experiment a little.

Miso paste: I combined a 1/2 cup of water with 1/2 cup of miso, one piece - maybe 2-3 tablespoons of thin strips of ginger, and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Mixed it together and left it aside. This portion was waaay too big for my fish. Maybe if you cut this in half it would be all you need.

I bought the fish pre-skinned, had to clean it out and slit into the fish to expose more skin to marinate. I dumped some soy sauce, ginger and rice vinegar first - only maybe a tablespoon at max of any of this. Then I spread the miso paste evenly.

I love the Ikea wok for steaming. After putting a little water on the bottom and bringing it to a boil, the fish took about 20-30 min to be steamed and not over done.

I brushed and flipped it half way through. Top it with green onion after it comes out.

The whole fish was soo flavourful and delicious! Actually today I had left overs and put it into my salad...still delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment