Current Progress

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Pea Soup


This week I decided to try as much as I can go to back to the diet I started at the beginning of the thufat journey. Soups are easy to make and lasts over so many meals. Since the weather has been over 30 degrees everyday and sometimes reaching 40, I decided a cold soup would do me good.

I bought free range chicken broth (1 container - 900mL), boiled it with 1 potato chopped and 1 onion chopped and the white part of a bunch of green onion. After the potato was soft - about 15 min, I added 1 cup of fresh snap peas (separated from its pod) and 1 cup of frozen peas (as I don't think I have the patience to remove all those damn fresh peas).

Thats it!! I heated it for about another 15 min, turned off the stove and waited until the soup was a little bit cooler.

When it had cooled down, I scooped it into the magic bullet blender (it filled 3x the extra large cup that comes with the magic bullet). 10 seconds of the magic bullet produced a beautiful green soup.

I put it into a container and left it in the fridge until I was ready for dinner. Having it cold is very refreshing. If hot is desired, you can reheat it.

Top it with green onion and salt and pepper. Simply delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment