Current Progress

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

New goals

So I've relocated, somewhat unpacked and settling back into a nice routine. Luckily in my month of eating out and no resemblance of a routine, I've been maintaining a weight of 135lbs. Meaning...I haven't lost a pound since May except days after a hike and dehydration.

That's 2.5 months and not acceptable!!

I do feel stronger though, especially with my legs - I can go a bit faster and much longer than ever before on hikes. I've started some interval training for a 5km run. I started going to the gym this week too. So lets see how it goes, my target is to lose 20 lbs in the next 20 weeks - which falls exactly on my birthday. So the race is on.

The plan is to get a decent bike and start swimming again too. Olympic Triathlon is my new goal for next May. Can you imagine? 2 doing a triathlon? :) Well, I'm sure I'll write more about that as soon as training kicks in. Right now I'm just making sure that I don't completely hate running.

I've got to take pictures along the seawall for you to see how beautiful it is to run from my house (by Science World) to English Bay. And seriously, I could not ask for better weather from Vancouver.

I live near that ball at the center of the picture:


English Bay:

1 comment:

  1. A tri? Sounds fun.

    Unless you plan to go really hardcore, avoid a tri bicycle. They're really uncomfortable for training since they're optomized for aerodynamics and not riding around town.

    ReplyDelete