Current Progress

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mission Peak Sunset Hike

Alright armed with new pants, fleece, shoes, socks, headlamps along with my trusty northface waterpack and mangos we went on our final test hike before Half Dome tonight. We started around 8:15pm in time to see the sunset. Since Mario is equivalent to 2 mules, trying to keep up a decent pace with him was tough. It's probably the fastest I hiked up Mission Peak but his absolute slowest time :)

I think I never realized my fear of cows until Mission Peak. In the dark, these big black lumps with bright eyes glaring at you as you walk past them is freaking scary. Now that I don't eat these animals, maybe they'll be nicer? We also saw large spiders and toads on the trail.

We got down past 11. Yay, I think I'm ready for half dome...as long as I keep it at my own pace. Now...PLEASE DONT RAIN OR THUNDERSTORM.

2 comments:

  1. My Half Dome readiness test is when I can do Mission Peak twice from my parking spot next to the Ohlone Deli on Mission Blvd.

    Good luck! Congrats on jettisoning your 50 lb friend.


    --
    Rick Deutsch ("Mr. Half Dome")
    "One Best Hike: Yosemite’s Half Dome"
    http://www.HikeHalfDome.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rick! That's exactly what I've heard from other people :) How many times have you been to this one best hike?

    ReplyDelete