Current Progress

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Baked Salmon with Fava Beans


On Friday I wanted to clear my fridge of farm vegetables so thats what we did! We bought some fresh salmon and lemon.

I marinated the salmon with olive oil, pepper, salt, pine nuts, pepper flakes, rosemary, thyme and lemon slices. Baked it at 350 for 25 min. It came out super tender and juicy.

I had some help with the veggies - Dustin peeled the Fava beans and we boiled them for about a minute before taking them out to again de-skin. I followed Alice Water's recipe to add half olive oil, half water and garlic and rosemary. We threw in the fava beans, some chard, and a zucchini and green onion and let the water evaporate.

In the background I also cooked up some of my 8 grain of rice. Everything really went well together. Panda timed his arrival just in time for the feast! Top it off with a Cabernet from Kunde and the company...it was a perfect dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment